Thursday, March 26, 2009

Am I A Twi-Mom?

First my generation ruins Facebook. Now we've ruined Twilight. At least that's what I've been told. Luckily, my Twilight obsession has paid dividends in the mother-daughter department. MiniMe went to see the movie with me when it came to theaters and we scrambled over to the store this week to pick up the DVD. I read the books (all of them) on my Kindle. Now MiniMe wants to read it and so I picked up a copy of the first book for her along with the DVD. Since she's only 9, sharing an infatuation with Twilight with her old mom is a good thing. Gives us something to talk about that the rest of the family (who are not Twilight obsessed, even the teens) can't share in. Like a not-so-secret club.

Now if MiniMe was 12, this would not be cool. Liking the same thing as her mom would just be so humiliating. But right now, I'm not embarrassing her too much. In fact, she has actually used my Twilight obsession to embarrass me. She tells my friends, family, complete strangers that "My Mom thinks Edward Cullen is hot."

Well, I would think he was hot . . . if I was a 14-year-old girl. But for me to think he's hot at my age is just icky, right? However, I did get completely "sucked in" by the books. Read every one back to back in only 2 months. Yes, it was a TwiMom experience.

1 comment:

R.Powers said...

Several of our female teachers are smitten with the series also. I have not heard any guys speak of it.