Monday, November 23, 2009

Vampires and Flashes and Hounds, Oh My!

What a weekend. Got started early by taking MiniMe to see New Moon on Friday afternoon. Oh, who am I kidding, I was going to see New Moon and took her as a cover. There were lots of adults sans kids at the theater, so I guess I needn't have worried. I don't know what all the reviewers are saying about New Moon, because I'm not reading the reviews (big raspberry to all you Twilight hating middle aged white men reviewing movies for the associated press). But I can tell you that New Moon definitely earns a Native Mom endorsement. It was very action packed and MiniMe and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 


Saturday night it was a night of Flashes. No, not paparazzi or streakers, a reunion with my high school friends. Our high school mascot was the Flash, represented by a lighting bolt. I know, pretty sorry excuse for a high school mascot. Other high schools had cougars and rams and bulldogs. We were just inclement weather. 

Anyway, my friend Lliba, always the social expert and organizer, managed to get 5 old classmates and our spouses together to see the Nights of Lights kick-off in St. Augustine. If you haven't had a chance to see the Night of Lights in St. Augustine during the holidays, I highly recommend it. 

The weekend rounded out with some holiday hounds. I was joined by Wondertwin and her two adorable kittens (a.k.a kids) to hand out some holiday cheer at the humane society. We delivered rawhide chews to all the "big dogs." November is Senior Dog Adoption month. They say it is better to give then to receive during the holidays. So if you are so inclined, give a senior dog a home. It is a gift that keeps on giving!!!

This week - Thanksgiving at Casa NativeMom. Oh, what fun and hijinks are in store? You'll have to wait to find out . . .

No comments: