Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Time Change or Time Warp?

Anybody else out there having some trouble adjusting to the time change? I usually look forward to the time change when we GAIN an hour of extra sleep in the morning. But this year, the time change left me feeling lethargic. I know it is not just affecting me. Last night when Beloved got home from work, he found me sitting in front of my computer. He wandered in and out of my office before finally saying, "I guess dinner is up to me tonight?" I looked at my watch. It was not quite 6:30. I was simply serving some microwave side dishes with a rotisserie chicken from Publix, so that would take me all of 10 minutes to prepare. I thought to myself, "gee slavedriver, I'm supposed to have dinner waiting for you when you walk in the door?!?" Then I realized, because it was dark out already and had been for a while, he was thinking it was later than it really was. 

We had dinner at the normal time - which around here is close to 7 p.m. because not everyone is home from work/soccer/swimming class, etc any earlier than that usually.

So the time change seems to have caught me and Beloved in the time warp. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now my pups are demanding dinner at4:00 ,plus they are getting up really early

Island Rider said...

I agree and think it has something to do with the heat. It is not supposed to be this hot when the time changes! Word verification aricid.

That is how I feel.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I usually get used to the change just about time for it to change back LOL