Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear Scout,



Dear Scout,

Since this is a week of Thanksgiving, I'm going to try to remember the spirit of the season and be thankful for you, my four legged friend, and forgive you for chewing up my favorite pair of shoes. I know I've been really busy and didn't stop to take the time to scratch your belly this morning as I scurried around the room trying to get ready for work. Which must be why you sat your furry butt down in my closet and chewed all the beads, rhinestones and jeweled adornments off my blue shoes. 

A sparkly pair of shoes is like Corgi Crack for you, I know. But I had these shoes put away neatly in my closet, not lying in the middle of the floor where they would be an unfair temptation. Last year when you chewed all the jewels and sparkles off just ONE of the shoes in this pair, Ira the miracle worker of shoe repair was able to fix it. But this time, this time you've chewed off ALL the sparkles and jewels and I've only found a few remaining, which all have teeth marks in them. I guess the rest of the sparkly adornments will show up sooner or later. But there's no salvaging them this time. 

I promise this week I'll try to fit in time between work, getting ready to host Thanksgiving and blogging to give you the attention you so obviously need. 

3 comments:

Island Rider said...

Oh, no...you are a much kinder woman than I. Good thing for Scout it's Thanksgiving. Remind him that Christmas is almost upon us and Santa only brings treats for good little dogs.

R.Powers said...

He could not help himself.
Look at those eyes.

Sandcastle Momma said...

He looks so cute - but it wasn't my shoes he destroyed LOL
Glad you let him live another day!