Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TwiMom Countdown!

No, your eyes do not deceive you. Those are tickets to one of the first showings of the new film in the Twilight franchise we're holding. This TwiMom will be among the first to see New Moon this Friday. Oh yeah, and MiniMe is going with me. As if she had a choice?!?

MiniMe has proudly proclaimed herself Team Jacob, while I'm holding court as the original Team Edward representative. But let's be honest - Jacob, Edward, Werewolves, Vampires - it's all good stuff. 

I read all of the Twilight books during my Christmas vacation last year. MiniMe is still working her way through the first book. Whether or not the books are great is open to debate, but what is great is that I've found something MiniMe and I can enjoy together - great mother-daughter bonding material - and it's not as if I have too many more years (months, maybe) to be included as an equal partner in her fun little world. Any day now she's going to turn into a teenager and I will be lucky to get a few minutes of her time. 

So at 2 p.m. on Friday, we're gonna be TwiMom and TwiGirl with our popcorn, soda and Team Edward (Jacob!) t-shirts enjoying the New Moon!

No comments: