Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Permission Slips

MiniMe rummaged through her book bag in frustration this morning looking for a permission slip for me to sign to allow her to watch a PG-13 movie at school. When she couldn't find it she started freaking out because she said it had to be signed today or else she would not be able to watch the movie in question - Nim's Island.

No worries. I got out a sheet of paper and drafted my own permission slip.

Dear Mrs. Smith,


Please allow my daughter MiniMe to watch any PG-13 movie on any date at any time at her elementary school. 


Signed and dated NativeMom


PS. Let's face it, after watching all those zombie movies with her teenage brothers, there's nothing Jodi Foster or Abigail Breslin could possibly do on Nim's Island that would be any more shocking or disturbing. 

2 comments:

Alice In Wonderland Rocks said...

My kids do the same thing bout freaking out but if we can't find the slip I have to go to their school. Our notes aren't good enough but that's because of the stupid county we live in.

R.Powers said...

Classic!
A note like that would make my day from the teacher side of things.