Monday, April 12, 2010

Caught in the act

Have you ever caught the driver in the car next to you on the road singing passionately? Funny isn't it. Well a similar thing happened to me this morning only I was the one being laughed at - caught in the act.

I was listening to Book Radio on satellite radio (does that make me a geek or well-read?). This station is kinda like books on tape. This morning it was Bill Bryson's novel, "A Walk in the Woods." Luvs me some Bill Bryson! He's got to be the funniest travel writer ever.

I was cracking up hard enough to bring tears to my eyes listening to this book when I glanced over at the car next to me at the stoplight. The guy was snickering. I have to admit, if I saw someone driving alone in their car laughing this hard, I'd find it amusing and I'd probably think the driver was crazy.

3 comments:

Island Rider said...

My son is not a reader. He has learning disablities and generally hates anything to do with reading or writing. But, he has devoured A Walk in the Woods several times. He is currently working his way through The Lost City of Z.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love the ones who are talking and waving their hands around. It took me a while to decided they probably have a Bluetooth -at least I hope they do!
At least you were laughing and not picking your nose LOL

NativeMom said...

Sandcastle Momma, how'd you know I was picking my nose? I left that part out.

Island Rider, have your son read "In A Sunburned Country" he will love it. It is about Bryson's travels to Australia, a country where "there are more things that will kill you than any other place in the world." Boys luv that kinda stuff.