Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tiny Florida Icicles



With my eyes watering, teeth chattering and hands shaking from the cold, I did my best to snap a few photos of Florida icicles this morning. I found these tiny icicles while walking the dogs and although I could not feel my fingers, I tried snapping a few photos of the iced over palmetto fronds. 

While my neighbors have their plants wrapped tightly against the cold, no one has to protect the palmetto. It is indestructible. I remember back in 1998, when our county nearly burned to the ground in the raging fires, the palmetto survived and in fact bounced back with a vengeance. 

If only someone could figure out how to make consumer products like kid's shoes and women's sunglasses that were as indestructible as the lowly Florida palmetto. 

No comments: