Thursday, May 13, 2010

Boyfriends

We had a very pleasant surprise visit from my husband's great aunt earlier this week. She and her boyfriend were in town for a mini-vacation. Since we live near the beach, we often and happily have family & friends make us part of their vacation plans.

But since we had short notice, I let MiniMe know when I picked her up from school that day that I needed her help to get everything ready for our dinner guests. She asked who was coming to dinner.

"Beloved's Great Aunt is in town so she's stopping by for a visit with her boyfriend."

How old is his aunt?

"I don't know. A little older than your Mimi I guess."

And she has a boyfriend!?!?!

"Yes, why is that so weird."

If she's that old, how does she have a boyfriend?

"Her husband passed away a few years ago. So this gentleman is her boyfriend."

How old is he?

"I don't know, I haven't met him yet."

Is he 20 or is he older than that?

MiniMe! Of course he's older than that. She's not dating a 20-year-old. Why would you think that.

"Whew! Because boyfriends are guys in their 20s and 30s. I didn't know someone old could be called a boyfriend."

1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That is too funny. Before my MIL and her new husband married she spent hours trying to decide what to call him because she said she was too old to have a "boyfriend" LOL