Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sloppy Joe's Bar comes to town

Thanks to a well-connected Wondertwin, I scored an invite to the VIP sneak peek of the new Sloppy Joe's bar and restaurant that is opening in Daytona Beach on Feb. 4. Our little town on the beach now has the unique honor of being only the 3rd location of a Sloppy Joe's in the U.S. There's the original in Key West and one in Treasure Island, and now we have one on the beach in Daytona, at the Ocean Walk shops and entertainment complex.

The VIP party was exactly what you want in a restaurant sneak peek. Free drinks, free food served all night long, friendly staff, great live entertainment and give-aways. I tried as many of the food items as my vegetarian diet would allow and really loved the crab cakes. I'm tough to please when it comes to crab cakes, but these were just the way I like 'em - a little crispy on the outside, moist inside with big chunks of crab held together by a well-seasoned crumb mixture.



I can't wait to attend the Hemingway look-alike contest in my hometown this year!

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Lucky you! I wish we had one here. I have fallen off the barstool at the one in Key West many times.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good experience, wish I could say the same. Sloppy Joe's provided the worst experience ever by far. Awful food, awful service, and that's quite a bad combination for a new restaurant.