Thursday, January 7, 2010

Signs of the Apocalypse

Global Warming, 2010, blame whatever (conspiracy) theory you want, but I think the chill that has taken over Florida may just be a sign of the apocalypse. I mean anything that makes me consider putting on a Snuggie and keeping it on even when I go out in public has got to be a part of some kind of doomsday scenario. Other indications that this Florida freeze is turning nature on its head include:


  • My dogs happily snoozed away in bed with me this morning instead of harassing me to get up and take them for their walk.
  • In my hometown yesterday, two different (senior) citizens drove their cars into buildings and/or lakes. Oh wait, my bad, that happens pretty regularly in Florida. 
  • The newspaper in my hometown actually found a buyer. What are the chances of ANYONE buying a newspaper these days?


See, all very weird things going on here. By the way, can anyone enlighten me as to why the cold weather always makes my nose run? Is this because I'm a Florida native or does this happen to everyone? Maybe a certain Florida science teacher can answer this question . . .

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I think your newspaper buyer is from my town. Let's hope he does a better job than the paper we have here.
I can't take much more of this cold. You'll look good in your snugglie compared to me - I look like a bag lady because I have on all of the clothes I own LOL

Unknown said...

Cold weather makes my nose run,too.And I also have to pee alot.Coincidence?

Sissy said...

save your money on the snuggie & wear your robe backwards.