Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Drama Camp

MiniMe goes to Drama Camp next week. Kind of ironic since she could probably teach the class. She's always been a bit of a drama queen. I blame it on my sister who decided it would be a good idea to dress MiniMe up and teach her to do the "runway walk" as soon as the child could walk on her own. Of course with an Aunt who has more shoes than Imelda Marcus and a grandmother who is the owner of a hair salon, what chance did the girl have but to be a drama queen? (Notice how I take no personal responsibility?)

Her dad asked me today for information on the camp since I'm the one who signed her up. When I told him she'd have to wear leotard, tights and jazz shoes, he was quite flummoxed. Not to worry, I said, I'll take care of getting all the dance gear.

"Good because I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to get jazz shoes!" he replied.

Easy, I said, it's the same store that sells Liza Minelli wigs and Neil Diamond t-shirts.

1 comment:

betty said...

thanks for your comment on our blog (a corgi in Southern California). sorry your corgi has been ornery; I would blame it on the heat indeed!!

your little girl is adorable; I'm sure you will have a lot of fun at drama camp!! I'm not even sure I know what jazz shoes are (tap dancing shoes?) but I bet it will be a blast for her!!

stay cool if you can!

betty