Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

I've had a rough couple of weeks. A don't sleep, don't eat, be cranky kinda week. But don't worry, this won't be a bitter blog. Instead, I'm gonna share a kindness shown me today by a co-worker, friend and a brand new addition to the blogosphere - ShakeNTakeMom.

This lady is the best. Not only is she the most creative individual, she runs her own business with integrity and a positive attitude. All while raising two very busy little boys (are there any other kind?). Today she stopped what she was doing to help me out with my work. And it made a big difference in my day.

This is a real change for me. I'm usually a "glass half empty" kinda chick. No, let's be honest, I'm usually a "how come everyone else got a full glass and I got a broken beer mug?" kinda chick. But ShakeNTakeMom's support, along with all the other kind and thoughtful things my family and friends have done for me the last few weeks, has given me a more positive outlook. And I'm spreading it around .. .

Have I told all you NativeMom readers how great you are? Well you rock! And you're a good lookin' bunch, too!

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Thanks for spreading the good cheer! I was just sitting here deciding if I'm going to shoot the computer or throw something through a window. It's been that kind of week here too and your post made me smile. Thanks!

NinjaMom said...

Don't let me fool you - I'm a "broken beer mug" kind of girl too. I have to remind myself daily to get to that last drop of beer in the mug even if it kills me. It makes it all worth it!

Cheers to you my friend. I'm always here if you need something. To quote my brilliant business mentor - "Fight the power!"

Dani said...

We think you're great too! :) Feel better.