Our annual trip to Epcot's Food and Wine Festival has turned into a class reunion of sorts. My two best friends from high school bring their husbands along and we all spend a few days eating and drinking our way around the world. I think Epcot should embrace this idea of class reunions. I mean, after all, sometimes class reunions aren't that much fun. But if you get to eat and drink your way through a couple of dozen countries while catching up with people you haven't seen or talked to in 20 plus years (cause maybe there's a reason why you haven't spoken to them), that would be a big seller.
Not that it is that way with my group. These are folks I would spend time with whether or not there was a pinot noir from Australia involved.
Beloved and I were also celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. Here are my top picks from the Food & Wine Fest menu. NativeMom recommends:
- Chile's Rock Shrimp Ceviche (I had one each day)
- Ireland's Cheese Plate (Big H had 3 in one day)
- The wine in Greece (pick one, they're all good)
- The sparkling pomegranate Kir in France (even better at night when they serve it in a glass that glows)
- Sausage on a pretzel roll in Germany (especially when served by a man in lederhosen, right Bob!)
- Pork pot stickers in China (Mis & I agree on this)
- Braised pork shank with cabbage in Poland
- South Africa's seared beef tenderloin with sweet potato and mango barbecue sauce
- Frozen margaritas, mango, peach, any flavor (Wondertwin calls them adult slurpees)
Best by far . . . the New England Lobster Roll and Boston Crab Cake. No one wanted to share one of these.
It was a great weekend of weather, relaxation, entertainment, great food and great friends. Same time next year!