Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Slavedriver!


Heh, heh, heh! The kids thought that summer was one great big junk food eating sleeping late being lazy slugs adventure. But I've rained on that parade.

Day 2 of Summer Vacation and I assigned chores!

That's right, you heard me. Chores! The chorus of moaning and groaning upon assignment of chores was enough to satisfy even the most evil of torture-mongers.

MiniMe was assigned one of my least favorite tasks - giving the dogs a bath. While I was out meeting with clients and running errands, the kids were left at home with the dreaded chore list. Imagine my surprise (but utter delight) upon returning home to find that the assigned chores had actually been completed. Well, almost.

It didn't take me long to suspect that MiniMe's dog washing attempt was simply that - an attempt. When I arrived home and the dogs greeted me they were wet. In a few places. But not everywhere. And they smelled, well, bad. And not that musty "wet dog" smell that comes with bathing a canine but eventually subsides and turns pleasant once they are dry . . .and CLEAN. 

Why should I be surprised? MiniMe has been known to show up with filthy, dirty feet after taking a shower. How can you take a shower and still have dirty feet?!?

Well, she apparently used this ancient Chinese secret soap strategy to wash the dogs. Somehow wetting them but not cleaning them. I suspect she either wiped them with a wet wipe or perhaps hit them with a few sprays of her water gun. Either way, these dogs are a long way from clean.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!Do you know how many pictures I have of our 2,that look just like that?

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love that look LOL
My kids were complaining about chores the other day and called me a slave driver. I told them that's why I had children - so I wouldn't have to do the unpleasant things in life any more LOL