Thursday, July 17, 2008

Karma

Don't you just love Karma! It is so rare these days to see someone actually reap what they sow. But I had a great Karma experience last week and it made my day a little brighter.

I was taking my daughter to summer camp. It was mid-morning, clear and sunny day. A typical laid back summer day. Until some jerk blew his horn at me and flipped me off as he zoomed around me in a broken down piece of junk Jeep.

Now I can't imagine what I could have done to anger this gentleman so much. I had just turned my gas guzzling truck onto the bridge toward the beachside. I had obeyed all traffic laws. I had not cut him off. I had not been dawdling 10 miles under the speed limit. The only thing I could possibly have done to cause this road rage is wait until the light went green to turn right into traffic. I guess I could have tried to dart out into traffic while the light was still red since it is legal to make such a turn at the light. But the light was about to turn and I didn't see the need to gun the tanker and suck down even more gas in my vehicle.

Then it happened. Karma! As he flew past my truck blowing his horn and cussing me, he reached up to flip me off and knocked his sunglasses off his head. They tumbled up and over the top of the jeep and as I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw them run over by a car behind me. Beautiful!

Mr. Road Rage sped to the bottom of the bridge where he made an illegal u-turn on red and backtracked over the bridge. I guess he was going back for what was left of his sunglasses.

I continued on safely, noticing that this gorgeous summer day got even better!

1 comment:

Me said...

Karma is pretty powerful!
-d