Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You could be the next Duck Master!

The hospitality and tourism industry in Florida offers a wide variety of career opportunities. I found one I'd never heard of before, but thought it would be fun for the right person.

Duck Master.

That's right, I said Duck Master. The Peabody Hotel and Resort is looking for a Duck Master to manage the 5 mallard ducks that are an attraction in and of themselves at the property. Who wouldn't love to have Duck Master on their business card? The job description is below.

Responsible for handling and maintaining the health, diet, rotation and living quarters for the five mallard ducks and conducting the daily march of The Peabody Ducks before hotel audiences and off-property audiences. Required to take the ducks to schools and give presentations about wildlife, ducks, and the environment. 

4 comments:

The Florida Blogger said...

There are a few things I wouldn't mind being a master of, but ducks are not on the list. Grouper, Spring Training Baseball, Suwannee River...

Brooke said...

I worked at the Peabody in college - the twice-daily duck march was quite a spectacle; the duck palace - amazing. Think I'll send a resume ;-)

Sandcastle Momma said...

Not sure I'd want that job - ducks can be quite ornary when they want to and I'd imagine that wrangling them isn't as easy as it seems.
My luck we'd be halfway through the march and they'd decide to split up and wreak havoc in the dining room LOL

Florida Native Mom said...

FB, I'll keep my eyes open for Grouper Master for you. Sandcastle, thanks for the tip, ducks are ornery. I'll be wary of them from now on.