Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bikes Take Over Daytona Beach

It's Biketoberfest in my little slice of the world. Many people grumble about it but I get out among the visitors  and have a good time. Bikers are friendly people. And they're not afraid to show it.

Yesterday my friend SandArt (in the photo on the right) and I went around to several Biketoberfest locations to get photos to post on the Biketoberfest website and Facebook page (that's one of my jobs, really). You rarely see two single ladies wandering around alone (with no mans) at Biketoberfest (unless they're attractive young Jägermeister girls). We were not young nor were we selling shots.

Anyway, back to Bikers being friendly. When returning to my car after one of our stops, I found a few guys standing around their bikes and they were blocking in my Hyundai. As we approached I said "I like your bike" to the one parked up against my bumper. This was my Southern Lady way of saying "Move your ass."

They guys all start chatting us up and one asks "Where are your bikes?"

I say, "We're in the Hyundai-Davidson today."

Bumper guy says, "Well it looks good." and as I turn my back to climb into my car he says "That looks real good." Meaning my butt. See what I mean about them being a friendly bunch?

At our next stop SandArt and I plop down on a couple of rocking chairs on the bar's porch where we had a great view of the comings and goings. This is a new establishment, only open a week. It's called the "Beaver Bar." Yea, I know.

So I say to SandArt "They've really spruced this place up and I love the rocking chairs. In fact, you can tell they're freshly painted."

At that point the guy sitting next to me and his buddies say "These are freshly painted and I think yours might still be wet."

"No," I say,"it's fine."

They keep insisting the chair is wet and finally one stands up, grabs my arm and "gently" pulls me out of the chair. At that point the other guys all crane their necks and say "yep, you got paint on you."

I say, "No I don't but I hope you enjoyed checking out my ass."

They were very pleased with themselves. Then bought us a beer. See, hospitable group and sooooo friendly.

1 comment:

Sissy said...

Dont call me stupid!
That reminds me of a joke...How many bikers does it take to check out a girls a$$